Perhaps you’ve heard of a red letter day? I’d not heard of it until I started reading author Susan Branch’s books.
A red letter day is… a day that is pleasantly noteworthy or memorable.
I don’t know what makes for a red letter day for you, but this is what has made it a red letter day for me so far today:
- The sun is shining after about six days of cloudy and rainy weather. Yay!
- Going for a walk on my lunch hour with Gidget we saw a mama and papa duck crossing the road with five yellow little ones waddling behind. Yay!
- Passing the veterinarian in town a black lab and border collie were playing ball on their lunch hour. Yay!
- The church bells were ringing. Yay!
- Arriving home I found in my mailbox Jon Katz’ new book, Talking to Animals – How we can understand animals and they can understand you. Yay!
- It was warm enough to eat my lunch outside on my deck. Yay!
- Tonight date night at a restaurant on a lake that was closed for a little over a year, which we were so disappointed about – but it is now open again. Yay!
It really is the simple pleasures of life that make it a red letter day for me. And I hope wherever you are you are having a red letter day, too!
Thank you for sharing and subscribing to my blog updates.