For Help With Your Handicapped Pets
- Dodgers List – Support and education on intervertebral disc disease. This site is packed with tons of information to help you.
- Dodgerslist Forum - When you need help asap jump on the forum to find answers to your questions and ask your own questions to receive help from others who have been through a diagnoses of Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD).
- Eddies Wheels – This is the company where Frankie’s wheels came from. Family owned, very caring company who gives great personal service and is there for you when you need them. Click on the following link for a great article written about the company, Boston Globe Story.
- Disabled Animal – Adopt, Help, or List Animals with Disabilities
- Dogs with Disabilities – Resources and proudcuts for help with your disabled dog, plus a forum for advice and help.
- The Dachshund Network – A site dedicated to helping in all areas of your dachshunds health and well being.
- Ortho Pets – OrthoPets is proud to offer custom orthotic and prosthetic devices for your dog, cat or other animal! We can fabricate your pet a custom stifle brace, carpus brace, hock brace, knee brace, elbow brace, paw brace or any combination imaginable.
- Abled Dogs – ABLEDOGS is an E-Mail group for people who are owned by disabled animals. It was started specifically for Dachshund people who have or are experiencing intervertebral disc disease or other paralysis in their dogs.
- dachsieFAQ – Dachsie IVDD care FAQ. A site dedicated to helping you, with an adorable, inspiring dachsund named Clark.
- Dachshund Back-Related Websites – Packed with information to help you with your disabled dachshund.
- Dawgs in Motion – A facility in Saukville, Wisconsin that offers hydrotherapy for your dog.
- Dogs To Go – Another option to mobilize your dog. Order already made or buy the manual to make your own.
- Blind Dog – Whether you are an owner of a newly blinded dog, have adopted a blind/visually impaired dog (or puppy) or have been at this awhile, the purpose of this website strives for it to provide the support and information you need to help both you and your beloved dog.
- Northeast Indiana Vet Emergency & Specialty Hospital – Recommended by a fellow doxie owner whose doxie suffered a spinal injury. She highly recommends this clinic if you are in the Fort Wayne area.
- Financial Aid for Veterinarian Bills
- Caretakers or Kennels of IVDD Dogs – People and places that will take care of special needs pets
- Fringe Benefits – Fringe Benefits relies on new and gently used items donated by the public and local businesses. Merchandise is featured in boutique style displays and is sold at bargain prices. Fringe Benefits has earned and maintains a reputation for offering a unique thrift shopping experience in a friendly atmosphere.Fringe Benefits makes it easy for you to help homeless or less fortunate, and neglected or abused animals. Sales generated by customers who frequent the store support our mission to help the animals in need. We encourage you to join with us in being a voice for those who don’t have one. By working together, we improve and change the lives of animals.
Sanctuaries for Animals with Disabilities
- Home for Life Animal Sanctuary – A long-term animal sanctuary. They provide life-time care for the special needs animal, the cat or dog that, while still able to lead a quality life, is unable to find a home due to age, chronic treatable disorder, handicap or similar reason. Once an animal comes to us, it truly has a home for life. Located in western Wisconsin.
- Rolling Dog Ranch Animal Sanctuary – A special place where disabled animals enjoy life on a Montana ranch.
- Pets with Disabilities – Their motto is: “Because their spirits aren’t broken.” Disabled animal rescue sanctuary located in Maryland.
- Amazing Grace Equine Sanctuary – A safe haven for unwanted, abused, disabled or neglected horses, located in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.
- Rescue Horses Organization
- Dags House – Housing and fitness for special needs pets. Located in Marrero, New Orleans
- HartSong Ranch – Grants permanent sanctuary to animals with disabilities. Most of the residents are blind. All require some kind of specialized care.
- Healing Hearts Sanctuary – Our focus is simple: helping animals and children get back on their feet.
- Face Foundation - The FACE Foundation provides financial assistance to animal owners who are unable to cover the full cost of their pets’ critical or emergency veterinary care.
- Other financial help (downloadable pdf from the Face Foundation)
- Fairy Dog Parents
Pet Sitting Service (in Sheboygan, WI)
Therapy Dog Organizations
- Therapy Dog, Inc., Sharing smiles and joy – This is the organization Frankie and I trained with to become a registered therapy dog team so we can visit hospitals and nursing homes.
- Health Heelers – To promote the known health benefits of human-animal interactions to: aid in human recover after injury, illness or disability; maximize learning and minimize barriers to education; promote emotional wellness and personal growth and enhance quality of life through positive human-animal interactions.
Hospice Care for Animals
- Spirits in Transition – Options in end of life care for our animal companions
- Beloved Pets by Gina – A cuddly, customized alternative to pet urns
Resource for Dogs with Cancer
- Silly Dog Magnets – They’re cute, They’re silly, They look just like your best friend!
- Dachshund Delights and Hug-A-Dog Harness – These are hand-made little vests for your dog to wear with a leash instead of a collar. Takes pressure of your dogs spine when they tend to pull on the lead. A Good thing! Dachshund Delights has a great monthly newsletter!
- Pet Portraits by artist Carol McIntyre
- Wiener Dog Art by Terry Pond – Very fun dachshund art t-shirts, bags, cards, etc. Worth a visit!
- Waggin’ Tails Cookies – These cookies were inspired by a love for a dog with cancer. That is why they are called the Liver Cookies of Love. They are handmade in a human bakery with human grade ingredients to create a healthy, gourmet treat for your dog.
- III Dachshunds Beer Co. – Lille,Otto and Sophe are the comlet inspiration for this company. After having the dogs for about a year I realized how many similarities there were between the dachshund and beer-such as names. A wonderful webite with a great story on how the company started. Joe also now has a doxie named Frankie!
- Cynthia’s Twigs – These are the greatest baskets for your bicycle. High quality woven willow. Perfect for a small dog to ride in and you can feel secure knowing it is a sturdy basket. Frankie LOVES to ride in her basket. She feels as if she can fly!!
- Daisy Mae’s Snuggle Sacks – Cozy, fun fleece sacks for your pet to curl up in or burrow into.
- Noodle and Friends – Darling custom made coats & apparel for your doxie
- Psychedelic Fur – Line of unique, whimsical, collectible designed pet apparel
- Pets-R-Loved – Quality emobroidered products for pets and pet lovers
Dacshund Rescue Organizations
- Midwest Dachshund Resuce
- Dream Dachshie Rescue
- Las Vegas Hot-Diggity Dachshund Club and Rescue
- Coast to Coast Dachshund Resuce
- Almost Home Rescue
Fun Dachshund or Dog Sites
- World Animal Day
- Dachshund Gifts.org
- Dog Blog
- Dogster Dog of the Week
- Dogster Dog of the Day
- Dogster, for the love of dog
- Hot Dog Blog
- Dachshund Delights
- The Long and Short of it All (for dachshund lovers)
- Angel Animals Network
- Longest Wiener
- Who’s Your Dachshund
- Pet Slideshows
- Pets in Italy
- Dog on a hog
Pet Trusts and Estate Planning for your Pets
- My Peticulars – Estate planning for your pets. For your pets saftey…for your peace of mind.
Care for Loved Ones with Alzheimer’s or Dementia (in Wisconsin)
- Libby’s House – Libby’s House is a community based residential facility (CBRF) founded on a true understanding of the unique needs of seniors. We celebrate the whole person… respecting the mind, body and spirit. We explore who our residents were, are and yet can be. Our care concepts include adjusting care to meet the needs of our residents.
Writing Coach, Workshops and Books Resources
- Cynthia Morris, Original Impulse – Reading Cynthia’s book, doing the exercises, then coaching with her to being a part of her workshops has helped me continually leap forward. Change Your Life for the Better with the Help of a Coach
- Diane Krause-Stetson – Diane Krause-Stetson is the coach and catalyst who believed in me, helping me to go for my dreams! She helps people discover who they are, decide what’s important and do what matters. Her dynamic, authentic coaching skills literally changed my life.